Sunday, June 6, 2010

What If.......

" What if you replaced old glass with old mirror and hung that behind some old doors..."
" What if you loved old religious remnants and added those to your mantle....."

" Hmmm...What if you were a mad scientist but you still had good taste..."


" What if you started a wonderful old mannequin head display...."



" What if you saved all those old dried out plant clippings and framed them......"




I was rummaging through some French decorating books and I found these pictures very inspirational. The whites and the grays playing off of one another. These are from French Decorating. It is amazing how people's collections come together. Some very unusual, but all mostly beautiful...

11 comments:

  1. Great eye candy. All of the pics are beautiful. I don't have the room to carry them off, but I really do appreciate them. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing and wonderful and so doable. I am a secret mad scientist and would love to do up a room like that. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them~ The mad scientist was a bit peculiar. Fun and inspirational post!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rooms. My favorite is the mirrored doors, ooh!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun photos! I love the mannequin heads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do seem to be a bit of a mad scientist. However, the rib cage lamp is carrying it too far for even me! Love everything else though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful ....as always..I love the door with mirror...can't have enough mirrors in a house!
    Have a great day! Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy all the great pictures, and also enjoyed our lunch the otherday. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfull pictures, thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE those pictures. They are awesome. I recently was looking for a group of interesting ferns & botanical pictures to do a similar arrangement for my living room. I lucked out, a lady at my antique mall just happened to have some pictures she took on vacation which she copied for me! They were so professional and I love them (and I hardly know her)--wow. Are yours for sale? Sheri thegypsychicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I love the mannequin heads! The one on the right is especially unusual.

    ReplyDelete