Wednesday, March 4, 2009

~ Divine Doors ~











While shuffling through my array of pictures, I came across a few pics of Lynn and SR's house again...I know I can't seem to get enough of it. What I think is truly amazing is that Lynn takes chances with her house that most people are afraid to try. Doors are gradually becoming more and more attractive. But nothing compares to the old vintage doors of long ago. Lynn and SR have meticulously had EVERY door in their house switched from the old cookie cutter doors to lovely old vintage ones. Now, some of them did take special adjusting and tweaking in order for them to fit, but the results speak for themselves. Would I ever have the guts to do this in my home? Who knows, maybe one day......Oh by the way, I just had to add one more picture of the dining room. Love it!!!

8 comments:

  1. When we built our house almost 5 years ago, I told my builder I was putting all old doors in the home. He thought I'd lost my mind and asked my husband, IS SHE SERIOUS!! Well, of course, as a junk dealer would there be any other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lynn's home. I bought Creative Home magazine awhile back and fell in love with everything I saw in one of the articles. The next day one of my favorite customers came in and said that a friend of hers from Texas was in a magazine. Well it turned out to be Lynn. The post I did awhile back with all the beautiful pics of my friends home was Lynn's friend Charlotte. Please tell her Margot and Charlotte send their love. Keep the beautiful post coming. Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! We have been contemplating doing this in our house but haven't yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous house! What issue is her house in? I would love to have it, the issue that is! Of course I'm sure it doesn't show as much as you have featured. Thanks for sharing!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their home was featured in last winter's Creative Home magazine. Hopefully you can back order the issue....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those wonderful peaks inside this gorgeous and inspirational house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely place for you to come home to every day and be surrounded with all your favorite timeworn treasures!

    ReplyDelete