Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is St Patrick's Day anyhow.....

" ETSY "
" ETSY "

" ETSY "



" ETSY "


" ETSY "




Well, it is St Patty's day and what a lovely day it was. Had lunch with my pal Marcey and her daughter, did a little snooping along the way at Cottage Panache Antiques and loaded up my Etsy store again. You know with all the hype about Ebay (and don't get me wrong) Etsy is tons easier and to the point. If you have not tried it you really should. It is a very simple way to make some extra money with your discards. Ebay has really gotten to the point of fees and more fees and now they are advertising their new no listing fees, but if you really read the rules about that-not such a great deal after all...And they are now charging 9% on all sold items WoW!!! Someone is getting greedy. I have had some really great moments with Ebay and some not so great, but enough is enough already....Now I am on a tangent (hope I spelled that right). Either way you look at it there are some really great internet options to selling now. Especially during these difficult times it is nice to know that there are other options out there and ways to make a little extra cash...Try it what do you have to lose...

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and I totally agree with you about ebay. Etsy is easier and to me a much better place to shop and sell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really great additions to your store... I feel the same about ebay. Etsy is just so user friendly and I love the art or vintage aspect of it. I need to go check out your watch faces now:) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to try Etsy! Thanks for the encourgement on the difference..I heard not so positive things about ebay..Great vignettes and photo's ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear others speaking up about eBay! AND, so nice to hear the truth of Etsy shining through. I prefer Etsy as it is simple and a fun experience to shop or sell.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.. love love love shopping on etsy.. but dont go near ebay.... but what has Etsy done with the Search...?? I am a customer only on Etsy.. and they have wrecked shopping by changing it! Now I just link to shops by blogs or look in my faves... as too much stuff to wade thru..
    I loove that bust and the silver trinket dish... will check them out. TFS
    Louxx
    PS Hope you dont me saying about the change to Etsy.. but hoping you can tell them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your etsy finds. I will have to look into etsy for selling - thanks for the heads up:)
    ~Debra
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love Etsy. I too am not a fan of Ebay. it has gotten to be a frustration in my life.

    I love your yummy treasures!

    shell

    gypsylemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tina...nice running in to ya at a mutual shopping spot! Remember the great lace bed skirt that I found?? Already have it attached to a tea dyed muslin top for a full size bed that I have in our Canton booth! It turned out so cute! I will post a pic of it on the bed when We go back to Canton at the end of the month.....Happy Junkin, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Etsy is the place to be Tiina! I knew you would do good with it!
    hugs
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am using Etsy. I just need help with the shipping. I need the shipping calculater.

    ReplyDelete