Monday, February 23, 2009

~And the Oscar goes to.....~




I managed to stay up last night to watch the Academy Awards. My youngest daughter was already counting the zzzzzzzz before 10:00 pm. Hugh Jackman couldnt have looked any better. I must say, I was really pulling for Micky Rourke to win-that was disappointing. Sophia Loren looked lovely, but my sweet little Goldie Hawn looked a little tooooo stretched for me. She always seems so bubbly and sweet, but for a minute there visions of Joan Rivers were dancing through my head. Did I miss the memorium for Heath Ledger? Didn't Paul Newman die this year? Or am I getting senile? Meryl Streep needs to rethink her wardrobe the next time around. I think the dress and the color of it made her look years older. I lost it when Ben Stiller pulled the Yaquim Phoenix (I know I am spelling it wrong) bit. I did like the way they presented with the past winners. Lots and lots of beautiful glam dresses. The hairstyles were also very similar with the wispy pulled back tossled look-very becoming on the ladies. I noticed the jewelry was very toned down this year. I am sooo happy Jerry Lewis got recognized. I have grown up watching and loving that special man. I think the hardest part for me is to see the stars aging along the way. Makes me realize how fleeting time is and how fast it passes. Enjoy every moment!

3 comments:

  1. I watched it too... For some reason I think it missed some wow factor, like we've had in previous years... It was just okay!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never miss Oscar night...but I have to say, I dozed on and off in the middle so I did misss some of it. I should have recorded. I was sorry that Sean Penn won. He is a great actor but he always has to take a political stance and can't just let it be for one night! Bugs the crap out of me...all I want on Oscar night are to see the "glams",see the hard workers get their recognition, and see a little "show"...like Hugh said in the beginning. Let's see more "show" than "biz" on Oscar night! He was a great host! Never knew he was so talented. I could go on and on about Oscar night... thanks for the post.

    ps. maybe Mr. Newman passed in 09. I don't remember the date and possibly that is why there wasn't any mention (even so, though..they could mention him for both years - he is a legend!)

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the whole oscars, but your pictures are beautiful today on your post!

    ReplyDelete