Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mannequin Madness


I have lately become very drawn to old mannequins. I see one and I go running. I have a few myself and will post some pics as I get them unpacked and ready to display. I used to have them in my daughters room (kinda scary you might be thinking). She says she likes them, but do I really give her a choice-no I dont. She will either love strange and lovely things or she will forever be explaining to a psychiatrist about her odd fear of googly eyed dolls and headless mannequin torsos. Ladies-you know as well as I do that we crave those type things. Maybe I am a little weird, but that is what makes us all unique in our own ways. As the photo depicts, pieces of parts CAN be beautiful!...Have a great Day!!!......

9 comments:

  1. I've seen your lovely and creative displays and they are always simply beautiful!!!

    Have a great day! Blessings, Brook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice words of encouragement and stopping by by blog. I sometimes wonder if anyone reads it. I too, love mannequins. Passing one up is very hard. I'd love to see your displays. Please post them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this mannequin has a sweet look to her! I don't think that you are weird for collecting mannequins:) Many people think that I am odd for collecting and displaying antique photos of people that I don't know but I like them and that's all that matters-lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mannequins too! Yours is wonderful. Your blog is beautiful! I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will definitely be back for more!!

    Hugs,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mannequins too, in fact I have created a business recycling mannequins for department stores. I sell and rent the recycled mannequins online. Our company name is Mannequin Madness - the same name as the title of your blog entry. A customer of ours thought we wrote your blog because she saw our company name. We are glad that you like mannequins but would appreciate it if you did not use our trademarked company name in your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I titled my post with no knowledge of your "company name". As you have obviously just created a blog with your name perhaps you should start your own blog and direct your customers there. Please do not promote your company on my blog and then tell me not to use your trademarked name when it is clearly not related to you or your company in any form or fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided to Google the name "Mannequin Madness" and found over 105,000 entries dealing with a variety of different companies or promotions with that name or title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love manniquins also. I especially loved your reply to....I don't even want to mention the name. Keep up the good blogging...
    Cheyrl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love WEIRD! I also like that clock face, is it for sale? If it is please e-mail me with a price. timeworninteriors@comcast.net
    Thanks Theresa

    ReplyDelete