Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday at Golightly's
















Yet again, another work day has passed. I did take the time to take a few pics of my space rearranged. It seems to be staying lighter outside. What a lovely day today was. My daughter visited me today while I was working-I was kinda hoping that my fellow Golightly's gals would back me up on this motorcycle ridiculousness that my oldest has gotten into. Alas, Miss Skissy spent her time remembering her near fatal motorcycle incident and also the nice motorcyle trips that she had been on. (Skissy you didnt have to talk about the "nice " part-remember I am trying to discourage this. Just kidding) I know if she chooses to do this she will be safe-I worry about the other drivers though. I, on the other hand, cannot say that I have not been on a motorcyle before. I do recall a time in my younger days when I accepted a ride with a very cute, but short guy. While driving in a parking lot no less, he got distracted and hit a curb. Well, of course I jumped right off, but the poor small guy was pinned under the motorcycle. Imagine how embarrased he must have been not only to have hit a curb, but to be pinned under a bike that was twice his size. Thank goodness there were other people around to help lift the bike off of him. Moral of the story is is don't accept rides from short cute guys unless you are strong enough yourself to lift the bike. Better yet, have the guy get off the bike first so you can see how tall he is and then decide if it is safe or if he's cute enough...Sounds like I am 16 again...

4 comments:

  1. ALL guys are cute sitting on a cycle! Your space looks beautiful. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your daughter will outgrow motorcycles. Your space looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous space. I wanna live closer! That bed is to die for...and I love the red with it- and that Frenchy legged vitrine on the right of the top picture...swooning....

    Anita

    ReplyDelete