Wednesday, February 18, 2009

~Take It Easy~











Lately, the world seems to be on a downslide. Watching the news and hearing about all the layoffs and the economy, not to mention the disasters, deaths, and all the crisis' around the world has really made me stop and think. First of all, whether or not to even watch the news, and second of all to enjoy everything that life has to offer right now. I know that can sometimes be hard to find-but its out there! This last year has been a particularly difficult time, not only for my girls and myself, but for close friends and their families as well. The sad thing is most of these things rolled over into the new year and are still continuing. I always try to find the funny side of things. After all, I would rather laugh than cry. It's alot easier and funner that way. Things DO have a funny way of working themselves out in the end. It may not be the happy ending we want, but it is better than no ending.

9 comments:

  1. Inspiring vignette...love the bunnies!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my friend, laughter is good medicine!! Love all your pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your positive attitude! Sometimes I want to laugh and cry and the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to watch any news...just the weather and even that here in Texas goes up and down like the market.
    See, humor?(leastwises, my type of humor!)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty photos, especially the pillow. Myself, I go on over to visit Deb at Talking Trash and it never fails to make me laugh (or at least smile, if she's feeling in a more serious mood that particular day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pillows, do you make those and are they for sale?

    I don't even listen to the news anymore, I just go on my merry way like nothing is wrong, otherwise I'd be crazy! Wait a minute, I already am crazy! I think laughter always makes you feel better, no matter what!

    TOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillows....I like creams and browns together. You have alot of inspiring pictures. As for the news, I don't watch it either. I know that there is a better day coming. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post. I will go back-posts and get to know you more. The pillows are awesome.,,no "beyond" awesome. We speak the same "lace lingo". I am a laceaholic. If I watch the news, I get bummed,,but it is necessary to me to know how badly were getting the shaft. Blog land is a nice escape from politics. See you soon.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree- we can all find fabulous- maybe we should scale back what we think that is- though here I am preaching to the choir- I mean we can find great smiles in $10 worth of junk to repurpose...so maybe those in a $787 billion crisis should think about scaling back, huh?

    So, back to my free entertainment of sorting through vintage buttons...

    Anita
    iowajunkgypsies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete