Tuesday, April 14, 2009

~ Sweet Serenity ~
















I finally got outside a little today and actually planted a Rose bush. I have a sweet little peach tree that I will hopefully get planted tomorrow. Rain is expected to come on Thursday, so it would be nice to get the yard started looking good. I really love ( as I have said before ) statues of all kinds. I took a few pictures of them and thought I would post a few. Love the faces even when the weather starts wearing them down. I have heard that if you mix a little green moss with some yogurt ( in a blender) and brush it all over the statue it will eventually turn it mossy and old looking-I might have to try that.....

6 comments:

  1. I have garden status on the outside and inside of my home. I love yours as well, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the peek into your garden.

    KAREN EILEEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last little guy.. what s sweet face he has! when they get weather worn.. they look almost magical...like your in a secret garden , lost in time...I have tried the yogurt shake thing on some pavers and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard about the yogurt mix , my recipe called for buttermilk. Love , love love the statuary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiina!! How do you get so many photos on your blog, and all of them spectacular? You make the rest of us look like slackers! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these statues. Beautiful! Now I'll have to be on the lookout for one for my garden.

    Enjoy your peach tree. I have one in my yard and its so beautiful when it blooms in spring. I don't get to eat the fruit because the squirrels have a field day out there before they're even close to ripe. Its fun to watch them though!

    ReplyDelete