Saturday, May 2, 2009

~ Rainy Day Blues ~

" Love the blue that stands out."
" Dream Kitchen."

" Love to wash my hands at that sink!"


" Simply beautiful and elegant to me. White on white. I adore the religious statue."








It rained this morning. It rained while I was working. It rained when I got home. It is still raining. The smell is delicious, cool and fresh. But boy is it wet!!! I seem to have run out of pictures to share so until I stock up or come up with a brainstorm, I am posting some magazine pictures that inspire me. They are quite elaborate in their style, but I love all of them. And even if you do not have a champagne budget (like me), there are still ways to achieve these looks without spending a fortune. Buy a used piece of furniture and paint and distress it for a Frenchy vintage feel. Find some inexpensive religious statues (may take a while-but keep looking) and collect them in odd numbers to display with. Gather old vintage gold gilt frames and cover an entire wall with them (side by side and overlapping). These are a few ways that I like to decorate. Take a picture that you love and copy it and keep it with you for those shopping moments. Pull it out of your purse and try to achieve the same look on your budget. You will be pleasantly surprised at how you can create the rooms of your dreams simply and cheaply. Wow! I think I will head out tomorrow with a picture and see what I can find......

12 comments:

  1. Wow that kitchen was amazing. Perfect in every way!
    Glad you are getting rain. We haven't seen any for a couple of weeks and are in a drought so I hope it moves on down to FL and visits us for a day or so.
    Love your piano bench. It really is perfectly chippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such dreamy cream photos. Love them, especially that last one. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pics and tips! I'm going to visit you booth tomorrow. Is it ok to take pics for my blog? I just love your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take whatever pictures you want....Love Tiina..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and photos. I tried to reach the woman that does the beautiful pillows from a few days back but the email is bouncing back. Do you know if the email address is correct?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos and you have a very stylish blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always read my magazines at night before sleep. Last night I was reading the newest issue of Woman's Day Budget Decorating. They have sections where they tell you where you can buy much the same thing they're displayed at a cheaper price. I appreciate their doing that!
    Brenda
    http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
    http://viewfromthepines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that kitchen! Wow-I could actually cook in there (I think, well maybe not, oh alright so I don't like to cook but I wouldn't mind boiling water for tea in it:). Great inspriation pictures!

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marcy, I tried the email myself and it failed as well...Hmmmmm....I will try to get a hold of ms. Felicia and see whats up with it...Sorry...Tiina...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey chick! I put your name down for those but #27 is already sold! I will let you know the total with shipping in the morning! Try and email me again with it so I can get your address. thank you so much for shopping at my blog! it is helping me out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics, and great idea to carry pic ideas with you.

    I love so many things, though, I would have to carry a suitcase! =0))

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete