Monday, March 2, 2009

~ Chapter One ~

Note to self, binoculars are hidden in top right drawer.





The settee that Lynn adores....
(Many thanks to Amy for this one.)


As you walk in the front door to the left, and you thought the right was awesome!




Living room to die for........






I wouldn't mind doing dishes here, would you?





Well, just as I promised I will try and continue with my fairytale fleamarketers Lynn and SR. I really love these 2 people to death (truly), but I found myself laying awake last night thinking of my previous post regarding their "shopping techniques." I am really thinking about adding some of their spice to my bland recipe for finding the ultimate items for my home. I figure if their house can look this fantastic, why shouldn't mine? Then I thought wouldn't all the bloggers in blog land love me if I will share a few more secrets that they think I don't know about-and so the story goes....Lynn, I find, is particularly fond of old, old ironstone. The dirtier the better-probably how she likes her men- but then she is with SR after all isnt she? Anyway, I do recall a time when Lynn showed up at Golightly's with a black eye. Now, I know for a fact that sweet little SR would never do such a thing so I had to find out the truth once and for all. Lynn gave me a long saga about how she was reaching for one of her pitchers at her house so she could put some flowers in it. Well, I know Lynn and those Ironstone pitchers don't get touched-ever. So I had to do some research and here is what I found out. Get out a pen and paper for this one because you will probably want to use this in case of an emergency! I found out that there is a "secret" fleamarket that is close to Canton. Some of the goodies there are very cheaply priced and we all love that. Lynn is a pretty smart cookie and thinking that she would save some time she decided to take a pair of binoculars with her for those "immediate emergency" treasure finds. You know the kind that are too far away to reach, but if you can see them (even through binoculars at a mile distance) that item automatically belongs to you whether you have touched it or not. Afterall, people feel these things and why shouldn't other shoppers have felt Lynn's vibes when she started vibrating with excitement. Hands shaking uncontrollably, SR was immediatley sent in a tail spin to retract the item which after sprinting across the field took him nearly an hour to reach. Sweating and nearly in total dehydration SR finally reached his goal. Lynn on the other hand, had realized that the entire time SR was running she had forgotten to put the binoculars down-reason being she had to make sure he had reached the "golden idol." With her right hand in a locked contracture, she had given herself the black eye. And as for SR, the fleamarket paramedics were immediately called into action. Thinking SR was having sudden onset of a heat stroke he was quickly wisked away on a stretcher and given IV fluids in a nearby tent. Imagine how surprised SR was to find out that not only had the object that he nearly risked his life for was gone, but that the security guard had called the police thinking that he had punched Lynn in the eye before fleeing on foot. Thank goodness Lynn was there to straighten out the whole mess, but she never did let SR forget about the "one" that got away. And their shopping continues......

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!!!! I Like the first one the best! I have been a flea marketer for many years. It is all about the thrill of the hunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to rearrange my house (again). No, I wouldn't mind doing dishes if they looked like those. Sorry to hear about the black eye, what a story... flea marketers do it all!
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I am fairly new to your blog and added you to my favs...I love your blog. I have a question. The pillows on you header...do you make them? I am in LOVE with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which is more entertaining-the photos (which are gorgeous by the way) or the hilarious story! These shopping adventures are so funny! Can't wait to read more (I hope you will be sharing more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart skipped a beat when i came to visit you this morning..

    this is a big wow. I can stare at it all day. Also those below..

    enjoyed your story as Well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos! Is this your house? Love the first one with the cbinet. Is that an old dental cabinet? I have one very similar but the top is different and it's been refinished. After seeing yours I might have to take the white baint to it! And what a cool sink with a chandelier! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the misspeddel words....I don't think my fingers are working tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is still the home of the Fleamarket Bandits-Lynn and SR...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I WANNA LIVE THERE! I COULD TOTALLY LIVE THERE, FOR REAL, NOT IN MY DREAMS! BYE-THE-BYE, YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK! YOUR STYLE REMINDS ME OF P.I. STEFFANY PLUM'S ADVENTURES. VERY FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might know where that secret shopping spot is, well maybe, but I'm not telling...I love your stories, keep them up. And, the pictures, OMG, had to click on each one! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all~especially that first pic~the piece of furniture with all the little drawers~oh I want that!! :) And that adorable little chandelier~yes, who wouldn't want to do dishes there!:D
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog inspires me, you inspire me and now your friends home inspires me!! i want to throw everything pink away in my house and totally go CREAM. the agony....the beauty. it takes my breath.
    thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome inspiring photos! Can I come over and do the dishes? Who wouldn't mind with all the lovelies displayed in view! I love all the chippy furniture, ironstone, mirrors, and that settee is to die for!

    ReplyDelete