Saturday, March 21, 2009

~ Sneak Peek ~


Yes, this is the corner of my bedroom. Can't believe I am such a mess!!!

Bed that I painted cream and stained with the beginning of pillow collecting....


Dining room archway that was wall-papered and painted and all my gold goodies....



Bed comforter-love the colors and the texture, but need to store it for the summer....




An old twin headboard-love the green and the cherubs. Will paint it cream and maybe change the picture to something black and white in the center. I think this would fit nicely over a window-kinda like a cornice.....





I can't believe I am doing this, but I decided to get a few photos of some of my goodies in my house. Look past the disarray- one day I WILL get it all together. I love my stuff, but I find that I need that sudden burst of inspiration in order to get things done. Look out when I get going! I have started gathering "good" pillows (you know the type that cost a fortune and you can only buy one at a time.) My bedspread is new, but more for the Fall look. The idea is to have cream on cream with the background silvery blue walls. The corner of my bedroom is a MESS, but look at the stuff! I am planning to put that old armoire piece above the bed where the window is. I still need to stain it, but that is the easy part. When I decide on the right brown for the bathroom, I have an old crackly fireplace mantle that I think will fit around the window. I have linen cream colored sheers for either side of the bed and now I need to figure ought perhaps a wall of gold gilt mirrors. I want a chandelier on either side of the bed as well. The endtables are second hand finds but I love used items anyway. Maybe a nice rug at the foot of the bed and I do have a great bench, but it needs reupholstering as the color matched my last house and not this one. I am very fortunate to have the beautiful things I have-now I need to get my rump in gear and pull it all together...Tomorrow I am heading for my storage-Lord help me.....It is full to the top with goodies, but where will they all go?

19 comments:

  1. Love your site...and check back often..Can you please tell us how you achieve the look on the cream bed with stain..what product did you use..thanks lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I want to know too. Share it, girlfriend!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzie, base coat paint is your choice of a color of cream in a satin finish. ( I use Behr paint which is at Home Depot) After 2 coats of paint I sand the edges. When all is completely dry, I brush on Minwax Gel Stain in your choice of color-mine is Aged Oak. After brushing on the stain rag it off as much as you want leaving more in the cracks and grooves. Let dry and you are done....My choice of rags are the shop rags that you buy by the box full at Home Depot as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiina, it looks awesome, I love the wallpaper in the nook and how you decorated in front. I can't wait to see the bedroom and bathroom complete!! Keep up the good work. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, I LOVE your stuff!!!! Your taste is amazing and I love that you've shown us while you're working on your room ~ such beautiful items are bound to make a beautiful room!! I love Behr paint too...wonderful stuff and love the idea of antiquing with the gel stain! I can't wait to see more.....xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What disarray? It all looks fabulous to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that bed is incredible, I am really loving where you are going!! And just to let you know, we all have messy corners (mine is a lot worse), you are just braver for posting about it!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that bed is beautiful girl...I drooled all over my keyboard at that...some the things you have I can tell its going to be a beautiful room..can't wait to see it all together..have a great weekend..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been following your blog since I too am a fan of Cream and white..and all things old. I am in process of re decorating my bedroom also and have several corners full of inspiration for me to look at daily untill I get that burst of energy and then it will be like a wirlwind! my poor husband...I absolutely love your Headboard
    the cream and stain you used give it a very nice patina.. would you share the type of paint and stain you use???? I have experimented with several and can't quite get a look I like...so I decided maybe and "expert' on the color "Cream" will be able to help!! :-) thank you for your lovely pictures! Marlene from Cambria

    ReplyDelete
  10. well... I just read your response here and you did share your color..!!!!.I never used gel stain.. that will be new for me..tomorrow I will go to home depot...May I ask what shade of biege you picked light or dark.. there are sooo many.. thanks again! Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just got my laptop back and oh my gosh Tiina, I knew it would be fabulous. Love your Mess of goodies in your bedroom corner and that bed - you must have wonderful dreams...love it all. Can't wait to see more. I'm sure that when you put your mind to it - and with more free time when you down size, you will be done in a flash.
    It's already beautiful.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marlene, the paint I used for the bed is by Valspar (get it at Lowes). The base is Satin Ultra White. The color numbers are: 101-6.5 107-36.5 109-1.5 These are the three number combinations for them to mix the paint. Take it there and they will fix you up. I normally use Behr paint but for some reason I used Valspar for this particular cream color. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bed is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog,
    very cozey and beautiful pictures
    I will visit you again, for sure!!!
    greetz and have a nice sunday.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. you make just the pictures I dream to make one day...it's all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! I live in a rural area in CA central coast, but we do have a Lowe in Bay Area.. will go and definately try this shade ...I am redoing my 2 dressers in my bedroom and I think this is the shade that will work. Can't wait to see more of your bedroom! I am going to try my hand in making one of your exquisite pillows!...I also sell in a antique shop like you..here in the Beach town of Cayucos..but I don't sell myself to customers.. they do it for me...at a price of course..one day hopefully I hope to own one myself with my partner! thank you for your wonderful inpirations on yor blog! Marlene in Cambria

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your style and I'm so glad to see inside YOUR house too although we love Lynn & S.R.'s too!!!!

    You have marvelous taste girl...I just love coming visit everyday!!!!

    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have collected some wonderful treasures for your bedroom!! I cannot wait to see it completed!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bed looks so comfy. Just beautiful. Even your mess is beautiful.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete