Sunday, March 29, 2009

~ TMI - Too Much Information ~

" Did I tell you that Betty called me last night and told me that her new boyfriend wanted to try something a little more spicy. Betty said she told him to add more pepper to the gravy, but what he really wanted was to show her something hot and nasty. When he finally showed her, she said his hot and nasty ended up being short and bent."
" I can't believe that Candy thinks that people believe her breasts are real! " Everyone knows she took a little "vacation" last month. Did you know that last week she held open the elevator doors with her breasts-claimed that the reason she could do that was because of all her push-ups."

" My doctor told me that I would itch and burn for several days. I should be at home because I am very contagious, but I just couldn't pass up a day of shopping. I will try not to try on too many undergarments. Oh Well, they should clean all the clothes that have been tried on before because that is how I got sick."


" I struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. My psychiatrist says that I have an Oedipus Complex. I am not quite sure what that means, but I bet it has something to do with eating too much sugar. I think it also has something to do with the rash I am developing around my chin. "



" My new boyfriend likes me to dress up like a child, says it makes him feel young again. Claims he will buy me whatever I want as long as I behave and do what he tells me to do. You never know what you can find on Craig's List."




" OMG! Did you hear about the size of Bob's......." TMI or too much information for those of you who have yet to hear that term used, is what my gal pal Barb always says when we hear something that we would have preferred not to hear. Case in point-have you ever worked a day or just simply went shopping to relax and had to be a part of someone's cell phone conversation? I say had to be, because we don't seem to have a choice but to listen to every gory detail of someone elses life. I recently had to ENDURE nearly an hour of a shopper's cell phone conversation while working. Let me tell you that people have no idea what other people think when they hear their conversation, or do they? Loud and obnoxious, rude and nasty, you name it and people talk about it. This blog is dedicated to everyone out there who has to endure, but does not want to. Judy, of Tapestries of Nature.blogspot hit the nail on the head with her recent comment to me. It is a wonder why I haven't touched on this subject sooner. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had enough!!!!

8 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO FUNNY!....CRAIGS LIST INDEED! ANYWAY THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP. WHEN I WORKED ON FRIDAY, I THINK I HAD A RECORD NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS WHOSE CELL PHONES RANG AND WERE ANSWERED IN MY SHOP! DON'T PEOPLE KNOW THAT THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN SHOPPING! I ALWAYS CARRY MY CELL PHONE BECAUSE OF MY BUSINESS, BUT WHEN IT RINGS, ILOOK TO SEE WHO IT IS AND WILL ONLY ANSWER IF IT IS SOMEONE WHO IS WORKING AT THE SHOP THAT DAY. ( AFTER I'VE DUCKED OUT THE DOOR, OF COURSE) I REFUSE TO SIMPLY CHAT WITH SOMEONE UNLESS I'M ALONE AND NO ONE ELSE IS FORCED TO HEAR! ANYWAY, ON SATURDAY, MY GIRL FRIDAY CALLED TO CONGRATULATE ME ON THE NOTE THAT WAS POSTED ON THE SHOP DOOR THAT SAID "PLEASE, THIS IS A NO CELL PHONE USE SHOP. THANK YOU FOR BEING CONSIDERATE." SHE SAID IS WAS ABOUT TIME AND HOPED THIS WOULD START A PRECEDENT! IT IS AMAZING THAT SO MANY PEOPLE DON'T REALISE HOW RUDE THEY ARE! SOMEONE SHOULD WRITE A BOOK ON CELL PHONE MANNERS! HELLO!, CELL PHONE USE FOR (ALL OF YOU) DUMMIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!!! Just because your phone rings does'nt mean you HAVE TO answer it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! TMI for sure! suffered with same thing last week at Michael store..in the bead section girl breaking up with her boyfriend..LIVE surrounded by at least 6 of us seaching for beads and listening to her tell all her private details to her girlfrends on the phone after she broke up with him there..right next to us!! we all kept looking at each other amazed that we were listening to all this!! she thought she was home in her room!!! finally a gutsy girl there said to her really loud " FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THIS OUTSIDE WE ARE SHOPPING HERE I CAN'T THINK!!! heheheh! she then gave us a dirty look and walked outside...then we all cheered and thanked her!!! Marlene from Cambria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't eat too much sugar... ;))
    You have a nice blog and your name is just the best.
    Greetings from Finland.
    tiina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps there is book of cell phone etiquette for sale out there! If you hear of one I would love to sell it at the shop. I fear that some people want to tell their news to the whole world. Kind of like exposing yourself in public!!! LOL! It is an uncomfortable feeling when you are listening to another's private call!!! (whistle and stare up at the ceiling, kind of uncomfortable!!!) Maybe we should ask them questions about what they were talking about and see if it makes them uncomfortable!!
    Tiina, you are so good at getting a subjust started and then we run with it!!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm old enough to remember the days when there were no cell phones and yes even before answering machines and caller ID and somehow I was able to survive and even raise a family. I know we can't go back but sometimes (like when I have to listen to someones conversation), I wish we could.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking about people being on their cells phones. How about those who answer their phone when you're right in the middle of checking them out? Or trying to help them carry a piece of furniture out and you need to know where their car is parked...why do they answer their phone? Why can't it wait for just a few more minutes or seconds and they can call them back when they get to their car? Wouldn't it be rude of us to answer our cell phone when trying to ring them up? Or trying to help them carry the furniture out? How would it look for me to have my phone on my shoulder while I'm trying to help? Ridiculous!! And it's not just young girls (who don't know any better)that do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh...what a great post! And DITTO Penny's Cozy Corner remark above! Good grief. I get so tired of trying to ring someone up, tell them how much, etc all the while they are GLUED to the phone and oblivious. So RUDE! And yep, it ain't just the young ones.

    -c

    ReplyDelete