Thursday, March 12, 2009

~ Still Life ~
















I will call this post still life. What can you do with those oddball objects that you simply can't pass by at a fleamarket? They are those irresistible treasures that most people throw out as garbage. Buttons, broken jewelry,dirty crazed pottery,pieces of lace,dried flowers,old children's shoes,doll parts,torn books,scrap paper, the list goes on and on.....Well, you can go ahead and walk on by, or you can indulge yourself by buying them and then display them in interesting and wonderful ways. I choose the second option as it is almost against my nature to pass anything by that strikes my fancy. What's even better is a friend who has a keen eye in the decorating department. Where most see junk, she sees beauty......

10 comments:

  1. We must all be blogging at the same time:)

    Another amazing post-as usual! I love your vignettes-they are so creative! I find it hard to pass certain things up at flea markets and thrift shops too. Of course, whoever is shopping with me usually looks at me like I'm crazy until they see the item displayed and then they change their tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all but really partial to the one with the white Christmas bulbs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Denise - that last one is a particularly lovely still life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all beautiful still life vignettes.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful that these beautiful, forgotten objects when gathered together make the most amazing grouping!!! Just beautiful ~ xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog! Your still life photographs are gorgeous and all in my favourite colours ~ so soft and gentle...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all! Beautiful displays as always!!!
    XO Brook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such eye candy photos! So magazine worthy! Thank goodness that my best friend/yard sale buddy doesn't care for the same things that I do! Every week she always says the same thing.."Now WHAT are you going to do with that?" Right along after that, I hear.. You are NOT putting that junk in my truck! She is very much surprised later on when she sees what I have created! Such fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your the best,,Love the photos and treasures,,especially the little dresser..I have a weakness for little dressers and cupboards, every time I see one I have heart palpatations..
    Marcie
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. o dear...I think heaven must look like this...I have been back to see more of your posts but I am in shock...toooooo much beauty and I love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete