Monday, March 9, 2009

~ Lovely Lampshades ~
















Yes, even the skeleton of a lampshade, if having the right curves, can become a work of art. Can you believe that it is now OK to have see thru lampshades and have it look great. I remember a few years ago when I was selling a cherub lamp with a lampshade that simply had a round crocheted doily for the material part. I loved it !!! Both women looked at it and exclaimed-didn't she have enough to finish that lamp? What a shame she must have not been able to find the right shade. Hmmph! Some people just don't get it!!!...

11 comments:

  1. So true, people need to loosen up. The shades are fun! Thank you for showing them.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a full blown case of lampshade envy! I just have boring old Ikea lamps! This is inspiring.. I need some illuminating art in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing lampshades, they are beautiful.... What a beautiful blog also.
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great shades!! Love them all!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lampshades that are all tattered! Oh, and lets not forget a little staining! I would love to go shopping with you guys! Wish I lived in Texas! Are you coming to the Rd. Top show to shop? Or are you coming to Theresa Cano's blog party? I hope so I would love to meet you! I will be there with bells on! ((~.~))
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have to quote exactly what Marie Reed said, I am suffering a case of lampshade envy too! My lamps are just hand me downs, or Ikea ones also, nothing fancy, always bought spur of the moment to fill in an empty space in the room and give us enough light. I really need to start "decorating" more and put some style into my rooms. You inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous lampshades! The more tattered and stained the better! Another idea, is to just sew on some antique tea stained lace to the frames! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete